Banner

Friday, October 3, 2014

Tricks and Treats Blog Hop


Welcome to Tricks and Treats! This fantastic blog hop is being hosted by Jessica from Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten. Be sure to hop over to each person’s blog at the end of this post to get more tricks and treats!
www.teachingtykes.net

I have 232 clip card products in my TpT store – no beating around the bush - I love Clip Cards and clothespins! Clothespins are so versatile and cheap. But enough of the blabbering, let's get to the tricks. All of my teacher tricks involve clothespins. Check out these ideas:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Tykes
 Look at the graphing method shown in the picture below - I LOVE it! It is a simple, yet great visual representation for comparing. Remember to ask probing questions about the graph after the students make it.
– Which category had the most, greatest, fewest, or least?
– How many more or less did one choice have vs. another?
– Which was the class favorite?
http://mathcoachscorner.blogspot.com/2012/08/quick-and-easy-surveys.html

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Tykes
Look what you can do with clothespins and hangers (which I love, too). I especially like using this idea with equivalent fractions.
http://love2learn2day.blogspot.com/2012/12/clothespin-fractions_22.html



http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Tykes
Clothespins can be used to match sight words to pictures. This seems to be a variation of my Dolch Nouns Clip Cards, so maybe that is why I like it. Each clothespin has a word on it, and the students have to clip the words onto the picture.
http://www.autismclassroomnews.com/2013/09/clothespins-in-classroomfreebie-setting.html




http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Tykes
This clothespin trick is simply adorable. Clip the matching lettered clothespin to the letter in the word. I have had many little tykes that would have sat all day doing this!
http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/2011/11/while-backi-whipped-up-little-game-for.html






http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Tykes
And the final clothespin trick saves students' papers – no more stapling to show off papers! Clothespins have two flat thumb tacks glued to the back, so they stick into the bulletin board.

After reading these tricks, you need to go to the dollar store, buy a bag of clothespins, and put on your creativity hat. So much you can do with a simple wooden clothespin.

In my TpT store I have Math Clip Cards and Phonics Clip Cards. Please check out my best-selling Money Clip Cards! And enjoy my treat!!
Look how real this money looks!


Enjoy this treat on Leif Erikson Day - October 9th!

Now that you have read my blog post, hop over to any one of these other great bloggers!

15 comments:

  1. Love the clothespin tricks! Do you think anyone uses them clothes anymore? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, aren't clothespins versatile? I love them!
      Thanks for stopping by!!
      Lori

      Delete
  2. So many uses for clothespins! I have some in my classroom just sitting in the package. I'll definitely have to try some of your ideas!

    Cheryl
    Techie Turtle Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cheryl, get those clothespins out and get going! :)
      Lori

      Delete
    2. Hey maybe you can use them in your wedding. Ha Ha!

      Delete
  3. When I taught Pre K, my kiddos LOVED clipping to make words. Such great fine motor strength practice for little hands too!

    Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, clothespins are a perfectly fun way to improve fine motor skills. I love clothespins!

      Delete
  4. I use clothespins all the time to clip specific directions to pencil cups. I have posters on my wall that hang from clothespins I hot-glued to the wall! Thanks for sharing your ideas!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Carol, and sharing your clothespin ideas. Aren't they great?!

      Delete
  5. I use clothes pins all the time! They are great for building Fine Motor skills. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clothespins truly are so versatile; so glad to hear you have a clothespin classroom! :)

      Delete
  6. I've just started using clothespins with my son who is home with me right now. He's nearly 4 and he LOVES using them. He had been reluctant to learn his numbers...now I have some numbers clothespin cards and he's all about them! Thanks!
    Joya
    -liveloveserveteach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joya, you are at such an exciting time with your son right now, don't you love it??!!
      When you have time, please stop by my store; I have soooo many Clip Cards to choose from.
      You guys have fun!!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE clothes pins because they remind me of my sweet grandmother! Thank you for sharing some new ideas!
    Best wishes!
    Jen :)
    TeacherKarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw Jen, how precious! You started me thinking of my sweet grandma with her old clothespin bag tied around her waist, hanging out clothes. Such cherished memories!

    ReplyDelete