Banner

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Tokyo Bound!

Sunday we “return” our Japanese exchange student. What a sad day that will be! I cannot believe it has only been one month since we first met Aya.

And what a fun month! Eating seaweed snacks, watching High School Musical (over and over and over), looking up into the starry sky while listening to the tree frogs sing and the coyotes howl – I hate to see it end! Aya is truly a part of our family.

For any of you considering hosting a foreign exchange student, I wholeheartedly recommend the experience. Your family will grow in many wonderful ways.
(We actually did more then just eat and play games - truly!)

We ate.

And played games.

And ate.

And played games.

And ate.

And watched High School Musical.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience for everyone involved! I hope you are able to stay in touch for years to come. I would love to do this someday, probably when we are in a house more suitable for guests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredible! I would definitely recommend the exchange.
      Of course, I am not sure how I am going to feel next summer if my daughter travels to Tokyo!!!

      Delete