Banner

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Please Please Tell Me Now

August 10th is National Duran Duran Appreciation Day.

I will admit that I skipped out of school early, then waited outside all night in below freezing temperatures to be fourth in line the next day to get Duran Duran tickets when they came to Greensboro, NC. And I will admit that I wore my white Nick Rhodes jacket and pants along with my John Taylor khaki hat to the show. Oh, what a great show!

Everybody knows “Rio”; how about trying “Planet Earth”. Whatever your favorite Duran Duran tune is, hit play and crank it up!!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! The first time I saw them, I won tickets for the show in Philadelphia. It was my senior year in high school and the roads were icy as heck. Why my mom let me go with a friend, I'll never know. We parked ON A STREET and when we tried to get out of the spot, we slid right ONTO a bumper of the car parked in front of us. BIKERS swarmed out of a bar (TRUE!) and said the owner of the car was a (insert colorful word) and they all LIFTED our car off of the bumper. No real damage done but a scary moment.

    Long live Simon Le Bon!
    Lisa
    Bloomabilities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, Oh my goodness. What a great story!
    When you wrote about the bikers swarming out of the bar, I pictured the biker bar scene form Pee Wee's Big Adventure.
    Too funny!!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete